“I regret taking good care of my skin” – said no one ever
Skin care is important because your skin is your body’s largest organ. It serves as a protective barrier between you and your insides and the rest of the world. It’s affected by every aspect of your life, from what you eat to where you live. Thus the need to invest in quality skin care products and establish a suitable skin care routine.
About a month ago I received a package from Beauty Bulletin containing the new Neutrogena Visibly Clear Spot Proofing Range.
The new Neutrogena Range consists of five main products namely:
- The daily wash 200ml R109.95
- Purifying toner 200ml R109.95
- Smoothing Scrub 150ml R109.95
- 2-in-1 Wash/Mask 150ml R109.95
- Oil-Free Moisturiser 50ml R109.95
When I received the products my first impression of the products were that they firstly looked amazing with the orange colour as the focus and the products had an amazing fresh scent. The products weren’t harsh on my skin, it didn’t leave my skin feeling tight, it got rid of the oiliness of my skin and left my skin feeling soft and moisturised.
I was extremely excited to try out the new range that was specifically formulated to reduce, remove and prevent spots and breakouts because I generally have oily/sensitive skin and I am usually prone to breakouts because of my hair constantly having contact with my face, and my hectic dance and workout schedules.
My skincare routine using the new Neutrogena Visibly Clear Spot Proofing Range (morning and night)
- I start off by wetting my face, apply the Daily Wash onto my face and massage that onto my face till it lathers. I rinse it off once I feel my face feels fresh and properly cleansed.
- I then go in with the Purifying Toner. I apply about 2-3 droplets on a cotton pad and massage on my face. This helps to remove extra oils, dirt and impurities. It even works in removing excess make up.
- I then follow up and end off by applying a small amount of the Oil-Free Moisturiser to my face.
I would only use the Smoothing Scrub and 2-in-1 Wash/Mask when I feel my skin needs some extra love and attention (2/3 days a week) especially after heavy workout/dance session to remove extra bacteria and exfoliate.
However before I used the scrub and wash/mask alternatively almost every other day and got a dry patch of skin around my chin region. This worried me so I stopped using the all the products for a couple of days and guess what happened! A huge pimple appeared right between my eyes, this instantly made me realise that the products were working in removing spots. That’s when started only using the scrub and wash/mask 2/3 days a week and now I have no spots, no dry patch only clear soft moisturised skin.
Over the four weeks that I have been using the new Neutrogena Visibly Clear Spot Proofing Range I can honestly say I have seen a huge difference within the appearance and feel of my face. It’s spot free soft, moisturised and glowing.
I would definitely repurchase this range. I rate the range 7/10 for price, 9/10 for fragrance and 8/10 for effectiveness.
Who needs make-up when you have Neutrogena. I’m ready to step into the spotlight